Today is the recovery day after my last high-dose chemo - as you could probably tell I wasn't feeling very well yesterday, or even this morning, but am doing a little better now. My red counts are still holding up OK; I haven't needed any more red blood the last couple of days (athough undoubtedly I'll need more). My while counts are falling, but these are generally timed for my regimen such that I reach the danagerous point after I arrive home - and hopefully these return within 10 to 14 days of that time. Once your white counts fall, besides the danger of infections there are other painful things which can occur - these things all tend to disappear quickly once the white counts return, so mid-June should be a major milestone!
Thanks to everyone for the email notes of encouragement; as I've been feeling poorly I didn't have the energy to return them, but I did appreciate them. I look foward to seeing everyone again in late June/early July!
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment