Sunday, January 20, 2008

Weekend Away from Stanford! Well, at least two days...

The remainder of the Friday Rituxan infusion went OK; once I had the demerol, I could stay at a slow rate (150 ml/hr) and not have any other reactions. However, it took a while and the infusion didn't finish until 9 PM. Cathy and I stopped for a bite to eat on the way home, so we weren't home until 10. Thanks to Jack and Joe for spending a few hours with me Wed and Fri respectively, and of course Cathy who's stuck there a lot with me.

Yesterday I awoke not feeling too great - my left leg still hurt somewhat and I felt generally lousy. I took some Tylenol and just lie in bed reading most of the morning. I watched the UCLA-USC basketball game, which was awful if you were rooting for UCLA as it didn't look like the regular team - UCLA shooting was terrible all game. I kept thinking it'd get better, but it never did, and even through this UCLA managed to stay in the game in near the end. After this, Cathy and I went for a ~2 mile walk - my leg didn't hurt much. Later in the afternoon, an old friend (Eric) stopped by for a visit.

Laurel seems to be enjoying her snowboarding trip; Mike is sending us some pictures from his iPhone and she looks pretty happy. I think she picked it up quickly.

So nothing real eventful, but at least I could walk some and I didn't feel too bad. I certainly don't feel real good either. The larger lymph nodes are painful from time to time on top of the generally "cruddy" feeling. It's been so long since I've felt "normal", I can barely remember what it's like. :^(

Today seems a bit colder, and a lot less sunny, than yesterday. I'll probably watch some of the football games. Then tomorrow I need to go into Stanford for another blood draw and possibly a platelet transfusion. It'll probably take 2 or 3 hours as I have to wait for the results of the blood tests to know whether I need the platelets. But perhaps Cathy and I can go out to lunch while this is being done, as the appt is at 11.

I hope everyone's having a good weekend.

No comments: