Monday, July 30, 2007

Feeling Better Since Friday

Sorry for the lack of updates - I guess there are one or two folks reading this as I get some complaints ;^) Last Wednesday Dr Laport put me back on a stomach protection pill (Prilosec this time) and gave me a new antibiotic for Thrush as it looked like I had this infection and this could explain the "bad taste" (yeah, I get all the "infant" problems). She also let me stop taking the Dapsone I was taking as the protective antibiotic against PCP (pneumocystis pneumonia) and had me start an alternative drug today. By Friday, my stomach felt better, and my taste and appetite had mostly returned. By yesterday I was able to go for the ~21 mile bike ride and feel decent (as well as I've felt since the transplant) - so things are better.

None of the other tests showed anything else going on, so I imagine my problems were the Dapsone and the Thrush.

As I've done 3 weeks already on two different PCP preventative antibiotics, I only need to take this third one M/W/F this week and then I'm done. Hopefully I'll do better with this one, but at least it's not too long a time.

I'm still walking 3 - 4 miles per day (on days I don't ride my bike), so hopefully my recovery will keep progressing. I think I'm a bit less tired, but getting my energy back is still going much more slowly than I'd like.

I'll try to make the next update more timely...

No comments: