Well, after not getting any blood products yesterday, my red blood cell and platlet numbers didn't change at all (go figure). Perhaps some of the red cell killing mitigation measures started to have an effect; or perhaps it's a bit of a random walk (as I think most of the "measures" need at least a week to take hold). Anyway, no need for blood products today, so just the IV-IG which'll start soon. My dad and sister from LA visited me this morning, and Cathy and Laurel were just here between soccer tournament games. I sent away my Dad and sister for a while as I'll be sleepy on Benedryl in just a few minutes, so they'll come back later.
My blood numbers from the chemo at the beginning of the week are just about where they should be for release (not the blood counts, but some special markers they look for to ensure the chemo is out of my body - blood test for this every morning at 4 AM), and the final IV-IG is tomorrow at about the same time as today, so hopefully I'll get sprung Monday as was the plan last week. With everyday follow-ups at the Cancer Center for blood counts, and transfusions as needed -but at least I'd be home. Dr Advani said she wanted me to come in for a 2nd round of the chemo the week after Thansgiving, so I'd like some time at home.
Well, better get going as the Benadryl is definitely kicking in...
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment